Location: Toronto, Ontario
Closing on: Open until filled
Effective: As soon as possible
Interviews: Beginning the week of November 4, 2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to: Senior Director of Development
The Membership Officer provides critical day-to-day role in the sustainability, functionality and growth of the Museum of Contemporary Art Toronto Canada’s (MOCA Toronto) corporate and individual membership programs, campaigns and initiatives.
The Membership Officer will support the Development Team, currently comprised of a Senior Director of Development, Development Associate and Development Assistant, enabling the optimization of their strategies to recruit, sustain and enhance corporate and individual members.
The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues across departments as well as the Board and committee-level volunteers. They will work closely with the Senior Director of Development to oversee membership management via a CRM platform and the coordination of high-quality member programming.
This position is ideal for an energetic doer who is motivated by exceptional customer service and has three or more years of membership marketing and/or fundraising experience and a keen eye for data and detail.
- Support the development of and coordinate the revenue generation, marketing, evaluation, reporting and stewardship strategies for MOCA Toronto’s corporate and individual membership programmes
- Coordinate day-to-day member relationship management: maintain a personal portfolio of corporate and individual members and support the portfolio maintenance of the Senior Director of Development, other colleagues and senior volunteers
- Work across departments to coordinate a programme of innovative, exciting and high-value member benefits including special receptions and events
- Work with the marketing team to coordinate and contribute to the creation of compelling materials for member cultivation, solicitation, renewal and stewardship
- Conduct prospect identification, research and proposal/report writing as requested
- Coordinate the participation of colleagues across the organization in the membership program
- Process financial contributions and receipts
- Ensure the timely acknowledgment of all MOCA Toronto supporters including correspondence as well as print, web and on-site signage recognition
- Maintain accurate records in organizational constituent relationship management database
- Track membership-related activity and interactions
- Ensure privacy and data quality controls
- Produce reports as requested
- Support departmental evaluation and reporting strategies
- Contribute to annual and longer-term development strategies
- Participate on Board, ad-hoc and internal committees
- Maintain strong working relationships with members, staff and volunteers of MOCA Toronto
- Represent MOCA Toronto in the greater cultural, philanthropic and professional communities
- Actively research and keep up-to-date on portfolio-relevant trends, innovations and technologies
- Be an informed member of Development team, make creative connections between people, projects and programs to increase revenues and membership engagement
- Participate in and support additional fundraising initiatives and/or organizational projects as required
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of three years of hands-on experience in coordinating membership marketing or annual giving campaigns
- Proven ability to successfully develop, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward memberships and/or donations
- Solid experience with relational databases and/or CRM platforms, preferably Tessitura
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity working with budgets and creating financial reports
- Outstanding social and relationship management skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with board and committee-level volunteers is considered an asset
- Experience working at multi-stakeholder, not-for-profit is considered an asset
- Professional and polished
- Social and personable
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- A strong multitasker
- An agile problem solver
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proactive, demonstrates initiative
- Takes ownership and is accountable
Please answer the candidate pre-screening questions and submit your CV and cover letter using the following link: http://bit.ly/membershipofficer
Your CV and cover letter must be submitted as one pdf document.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted, no phone calls please.
The Museum of Contemporary Art Toronto Canada advocates equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and is committed to diversity in the workplace.