Employment Opportunity: Assistant, Membership and Development
Closing On: April 17, 2015
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract (4 days/week)
The Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art is seeking an Assistant, Membership and Development to join its growing fundraising team.
The Assistant, Membership and Development provides administrative support to the Membership and Development office. The successful candidate will report directly to the Manager, Membership and Development and to the Artistic Director and Curator.
A key part of the development team at MOCCA, this position requires exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and knowledge of fundraising practices, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills and database management experience.
The position also encompasses financial duties, including preparing deposits, accounts payable and receivable and tax receipting, in collaboration with the organization’s bookkeeper.
The Assistant, Membership and Development takes a lead role in the administration of memberships, the creation of member and stakeholder communications and reports, and the research of grant and foundation applications.
The position requires a considerable amount of initiative and independence, as well as collaboration with the other departments in MOCCA’s well-integrated team.
MEMBERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT
Provide administrative support to the Membership and Development office. This includes but is not limited to:
- processing and creating membership packages
- creating departmental correspondence and communications
- tracking statistics
- managing confidential member and donor files
- administering the constituent database
- creating departmental reports and updates from the member and donor files and database
- Coordinate MOCCA’s deposits, accounts payable, accounts receivable and the issuing of tax receipts
- Assist the bookkeeper in maintaining MOCCA’s financial records
- Support organizational budget administration
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a fundraising or related program, and 1 year of fundraising experience, preferably within a not-for-profit environment
- Substantial familiarity with fundraising operations
- Interest in/knowledge of the visual arts
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated superior organization, flexibility, and multi-tasking skills
- High degree of initiative and ability to complete assigned tasks and responsibilities in an effective, accurate and timely manner
- Excellent ability to prioritize a diverse workload
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional and discrete in interactions with fellow staff, volunteers and stakeholders
- Collaborative and creative
- Excellent computer skills with high degree of proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Sumac; experience using Mail Chimp and Quickbooks or other CRM database an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 17, 2015 with the subject line “Assistant, Membership and Development.”
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.