Employment Opportunity: Marketing Manager
The Museum of Contemporary Art Toronto Canada is building a one-of-a-kind inclusive cultural catalyst. More than just a new physical space, it will be a participatory vehicle where artists and audiences can step into a wider world of contemporary art, and be part of a global creative moment defined by new ideas and new forms. The expanded Museum of Contemporary Art Toronto Canada will realize its vision through bold and innovative programming including three lead exhibitions per year and parallel programs including, print and web publications and integrated educational opportunities such as workshops, talks, screenings and much more.
The evolution of the Museum of Contemporary Art Toronto Canada is made possible through a unique alliance with Castlepoint Greybrook Sterling Inc., public sector funders, private donors, members, sponsors and a network of cross-sectoral partners.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Closing on: Open until filled
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to: Director of Communications & Visitor Engagement
Direct reports: Interns if applicable
The Marketing Manager will take a lead role in developing strategic, integrated marketing programs. Working collaboratively with the internal teams as well as external stakeholders, this role will be instrumental in promoting MOCA as a multi-faceted destination, executing plans that optimise each stage of the customer journey and ultimately, drive revenue.
This position is ideal for a dynamic and creative self-starter with solid experience in using data and analytics to develop innovative marketing strategies and a track record in delivering against revenue targets.
• Develop a comprehensive multi-channel marketing plan for MOCA exhibitions, programs and tourism destination development, incorporating communications, sales and audience development strategies.
• Negotiate, purchase, analyze, and traffic traditional paid advertising (print, broadcast, out-of-home, and digital) and non-paid media promotions
• Develop and implement digital marketing initiatives for website, email, display advertising, and paid social media campaigns
• Develop strategic and responsive monthly content calendars based on organizational priorities, museum activities.
• Manage the planning and implementation of email marketing program; supervises the approval of content internally and externally to ensure timely review and deployment of email.
• Create strategy to achieve and sustain growth targets for social platforms.
• Coordinate with curators and programmers on marketing strategies for individual exhibitions, events and programs.
• Develop effective marketing metrics and review effectiveness of marketing channels.
• Coordinate the development of collateral including digital, direct mail, print, and additional marketing collateral to support marketing efforts.
• Oversee the distribution of marketing materials including brochures, flyers, maps and posters.
• Create or commission, compelling brand marketing copy for various mediums.
• Manage day-to-day liaison with external creative and media buying agencies as well as independent creative suppliers as needed.
• Supervise external graphic designers, in alignment with the MOCA’s best practices and brand guidelines.
• Support any market research and evaluation required by MOCA and/or its stakeholders and disseminate results as required.
• Represent MOCA at area and on-site marketing events and activities.
• Hire, train, and supervise marketing interns.
• Assist in the planning, forecasting, and oversight of marketing budget.
• Research and monitor other organizations’ marketing initiatives.
• Own Tessitura CRM integration for marketing department and support Visitor Experience and Development teams on all audience development and database building initiatives.
• Support Curatorial and Visitor Experience teams in development of web content, in line with organizational priorities. Ensure a symbiotic relationship between social media and web content.
• Deliver a high standard of community stakeholder management, working with the Visitor Experience team to ensure customer service is consistent across all channels
• Oversee press or on-site media
• Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
• Minimum 5 years progressively responsible marketing or advertising agency experience
• Staff /intern supervision experience
• Demonstrated experience developing and managing integrated multi-channel marketing plans
• Strong verbal and written communications and project management skills
• Knowledge of digital marketing including social media
• Experience in tourism development an asset
• Genuine interest in the visual arts (especially contemporary art), performing arts, architecture, and design.
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
• Adobe CS5, HTML, Google Docs, Tessitura or database software experience, and email marketing a plus
• Experience with CRM and email Marketing System (Tessitura, MailChimp).
• Highly creative and conceptual
• Exceptional communication skills
• Professional and polished
• Social and personable
• Organized and detail-oriented
• A strong multitasker
• An agile problem solver
• Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Proactive, demonstrates initiative
• Takes ownership and is accountable
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted as one pdf document. Please include a letter of motivation, a maximum two-page CV and your salary expectations.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted, no phone calls please.
The Museum of Contemporary Art Toronto Canada advocates equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and is committed to diversity in the workplace.