Believe the hype, folks: Sterling Road is jam-packed with tons of cool stuff – artist’s spaces, yoga studios, bookstores, restaurants, a brewery, clothing stores, galleries, and a lot more! Come join us on Saturday, June 15th for the 3rd instalment of ON STERLING BINGO for your chance to check them all out, and get special, behind-the-scenes looks at all of them!
1. Come to any one of our participating locations on Sterling Rd. on Saturday June 15th anytime between 1 and 5pm, and pick up your BINGO card (and your first stamp) to get started!
2. Wander the neighbourhood, and pop in and out of all kinds of cool studios, shops, and galleries.
(Fun fact: Your BINGO card is also a handy map of the ‘hood! AND it was screen-printed by hand Jesse from Repetitive Press and it’s yours to keep as a souvenir!)
3. Get your card stamped at all 10 spaces (aka a FULL CARD) and head on over to Henderson Brewing Co. to redeem it for a complimentary pint of beer (or, for anyone under 19 who’s playing along, a free house-made soda!) anytime on Saturday til 9pm!
4. If you have a Full Card, you are eligible to enter the now-legendary OnSterling Raffle, which includes the following prizes:
- an Anansi tote bag full of books
- a one-of-a-kind Mud Makers handcrafted ceramic piece
- a gift card to the Drake Commissary
- a free 4-day dress rental from Fitzroy
- a 5 day yoga pass to Mosaic
- a VIP brewery tour & beer tasting at Henderson for 10 ppl
- an individual one-year membership to MOCA
- a private circus lesson – for tight wire or aerial, from Lookup Theatre
- a complimentary Sewing Fundamentals Class from The Make Den
- a Forno Cultura Gift Card
Just show your full card at Henderson before 9pm on Saturday!
5. Don’t forget to take photos along the way and post them to Instagram, using the tag #OnSterlingBingo to enter to win a special Sterling Rd. prize pack!
And here’s who participating!
- House of Anansi Press 128 Sterling Road Lower Level
Visit the Anansi Bookshop to received 20% off of your Groundwood and House of Anansi book purchases! House of Anansi & Groundwood Books.
- Drake Commissary 128 Sterling Road
An eat-in restaurant and a culinary workshop. Our evolving exhibition Fast Forward draws inspiration from the Junction Triangle’s industrial roots and creative community, looking into the future and the past simultaneously.
- MOCA Toronto 158 Sterling Rd
MOCA is motivated by our belief that museums can be culturally and socially useful. We promote exceptional artistic thinking and provide a community space for discourse and creativity.
– ‘The Life of a Dead Tree’ by Mark Dion
– Honest Shop
– ‘DEMOS – A Reconstruction’ by Andreas Angelidakis
- Mud Makers Studio 163 Sterling Road, unit 12C, Entrance B, 2nd floor
Ceramics Studio offering classes for all ages taught by Ontario certified teacher and artist Amanda Wyman.
- Lookup Theatre 181 Sterling Rd
Current Project: Toronto Circus Riot
This exciting show tells the true story of an evening in 1855 when a group of clowns changed Toronto forever. Theatre, music, and circus arts all come together in an immersive performance to tell a riveting rendition of this historical tale.
- The Make Den Sewing School 163 Sterling Rd #24
We provide serious sewing skills in a beautiful, well equipped and fun studio where students connect with their creativity, learn and leave with a renewed sense of empowerment and inspiration.
- Repetitive Press // Justseeds Artists’ Cooperative
227 Sterling Rd. #103
Screen-Printing and Design studio.
See how screen-prints are made and check out the heaps of art prints, rock and political posters made on site for local and international designers.
- The Loon, Contemporary Art Gallery, 227 Sterling Road, #109a (http://www.theloon.info)
Zoma Tochi Maduekwe invites participants to try an interactive game platform in development.
- Mosaic Yoga 225 Sterling Road #23
Offerings include yoga and meditation classes for all levels, pilates, barre, qi gong, kundalini, voice practices, functional movement and rope wall yoga and more.
- The Fitzroy 225 Sterling Road
Dress Rental Magic! Canada’s dream dress rental and styling service.
- Henderson Brewing Co 128a Sterling Road
Award winning, full-scale brewery On Sterling with a tap-room and bottle shop.
- Pia Bouman School of Ballet, 225 Sterling Road
The Pia Bouman School for Ballet and Creative Movement is committed to making dance available to all who wish to pursue it: this is the guiding principle which breathes through the school. Programs are tailored to all ages and all levels and highly qualified staff nurture and encourage creative development and self-discipline, empowering students with strong dance technique, musicality and social awareness. The school will be moving to a studio space on Sterling Road in the fall of 2019.
- Forno Cultura, 158 Sterling Road
This is a free event and all are welcome!! Come on out and explore!